Inside this issueâ€¦
- The ATDP Challenge
- Computer Science on Camera: new photos below for Elements of Web Design, Programming in Java, and Computer Engineering!
- The Japanese classes combine to host a contest of creatively crafted cuisine!
- The Writing ProcessÂ (3200.4)
- Japanese 1-4
- Elements of Web Design (3233)
- Programming in Java (3235) & Computer Engineering (3239)
- Environmental ScienceÂ (3278)
- Cognitive NeuroscienceÂ (3281)
- Campus Tour (Exploration S1202)
- Lunchtime Juggling (Exploration S1210)
- Cartooning (Exploration S1212)
- Robotics (Exploration S1218)
SD instructors, submit your own class photos or request an ATDP staff photographer!
ATDP & Campus Resources
- Meet Your Counselors!
- Tutoring for ATDP Classes
- Explorations Schedules and Locations
- UC Berkeley Libraries
- Guest Wi-Fi Access
- Parking & Transportation
Previous S’12 Issues
From the ATDP Staff
Hello, Secondary Division students, parents, and teachers! We’ve got a short issue for you this week – classes are in full swing, we’ve just had the July 4th holiday, and the Elementary Division begins next week at Washington Elementary in Point Richmond.
Today calls for a hearty “CONGRATULATIONS,” not only for students but for teachers, families, and everyone else who supports the commitment these students have made to their learning this summer. We’ve made it halfway! Enjoy this moment, pat yourself on the back, and remember that it’s not over yet.
Last year, Dr. Gabelko gave this most excellent advice for a successful second half:
Determine what you need to accomplish between today and July  and get it onto your calendar so that you can determine your necessary pace. Plan accordingly. Identify the resources you are likely to need to make it to the finish line and plan on accessing them – do you need to sign up for tutoring? Do you need to take better class or reading notes? Do you need to take more frequent breaks or relax more (you never know!)? Put the strongest team together to assist you in meeting your academic goals.
You’ll find Dr. Worrell and the office staff in 70 University Hall, your wonderful counselors in 4320 Tolman Hall, and a whole host of resources all over the UC campus (hint: look to the right). Drop by to let us know how things are going – or just to hit us up for library access!